These are good general film magazines covering a wide genre of movies.
- Sight & Sound
- SFX - Dedicated to science fiction and fantasy.
- Starburst - Similar to the above but has been around longer.
The following are more specialist magazines worth checking out.
The American Cinematographer
- SPECIAL EFFECTS
CINEFEX which is available on both sides of the Atlantic is the best journal
- to read, on how special effects are done in the movies. UK surfers can usually
- find a copy in the local Forbidden Planet or specialist comic book store.
- COMPUTER GRAPHICS/ANIMATION
These give a good overview of the graphics/animation industry.
- They include company profiles and graphics tutorials. I don't know there
- USA availability.
- CGI Magazine
- 3D World
- Computer Arts
These are more specialist.
3D Artist - Caters for wide variety of animation platforms inc Lightwave & 3DS Max
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy Models International - Has good film/tv effects interviews.